Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Peter Pan

The kids did SUCH a marvelous job. I was just overwhelmed at their confidence and how they performed in front of an audience. 

Tink was darling. I didn't know she would be picking on Wendy (her sister) all evening! I loved it!






I didn't know it would be all about Wendy growing up! Don't grow up, Wendy!

Don't die, Tink! Everyone clap louder! We believe in fairies! We believe!

Would Wendy really walk the plank? Save her, Peter Pan! 

And then before I knew it, the play contained a slide show with Darling family pictures. Pictures of Wendy with her siblings, pictures of them growing up, pictures of Wendy's wedding. The next scene opened with Wendy as a mom with a little girl. Wendy didn't know how to fly anymore. She was grown up. And I turned wide-eyed to look at CC. He was crying in Peter Pan! And I was too. Goodness me, I should have watched the movie first! It all hit just a little too close to home.





And then the sweetest, most unexpected thing happened. A little girl from Kazakhstan came up and asked to take a picture with Tinkerbelle. She was star struck! And my sweet, thoughtful daughter pulled her right into her lap for the picture. When the mom finished taking the picture, Miss Middler sprinkled some fairy dust on the little girl.




I was just super proud of their hard work. I went to both performances, then just couldn't have them only perform twice. We called a neighborhood Turkish school and invited them to come see the place this coming week.

Well done, Campbell girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute Sara. I am relating all the way. In my case, I just knew Kathleen was destined for stardom on the stage. Haha. Little did I know the future.

Mel

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful!

Mel

Site Meter