Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bacteria, Blooms, and Babies!

As we kicked off the final quarter of school, we found ourselves deep into Science fair projects. Twinkle grew bacteria (I was actually their nanny as they needed a warm place, and my bedroom seemed to be the warmest). Her theory was that bleach would kill the growth of bacteria best. And she was right! Meanwhile, the little unextinguished germs and I co-existed for a couple of weeks. I never get sick! Really. Almost never. But I came down with a strange illness, which left me in bed with fever for an entire weekend. CC and the kids picked up the slack while I tried to figure out why in the world I might be sick. And then I spotted the little critters. Growing, flourishing, thriving. Right there where I slept each night. I really should have made a cutesy Science board backdrop and labeled it, "How To Infect A Mom."

Sweet Cheeks and her assigned partner watered plants with colored water, to see what would happen. Nothing. Somehow she still won 3rd place!

I had the privilege of co-hosting a baby shower for a sweet friend. It's been awhile since we had a baby around, and we are so happy to welcome the new little one just this week. I got to hold her when she was 7 hours old. I am in love! She looked so very much like Firstborn did. Even CC said as we left the hospital, "That baby could have been one of ours!" Sweet sweet.

I hired one of our high school girls to bake these cookies for me. They were AMAZING with a hint of almond and sugary-wonderful icing. Here's a shout out to Cherries On Top if you ever need baking in Ankara.

My sweet friend G made these. She's pretty much the Korean Pinterest Queen.

Fun girls. Fun food. Fun angle.
This is such a great time of year to be here!

No comments:

Site Meter