Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Greeting Greece: Mykanos

We had one last chance to get off the ship and see an island. H and I decided to just do a quick stroll out. I wanted to stick my foot in the Aegean Sea, so I did.  It was a beautiful place called Mykanos.


Families have their own private chapels. This island home had no gate or fence around their chapel, so we just walked up to see it. It was built in 1970.

For a few minutes, I played around with angles and got this pretty shot of its roof with the moon backlighting it.

I loved the red door. I also loved the quiet and peace. The tour group was way up on the mountaintop. H and I took a little time to pray together.  It was a highlight for me.

And soon, it would be time to return, tuck in for the night, and head back to Turkey. I missed my family, I was ready!

No comments:

Site Meter